Bassinet seats: When traveling with a baby, a bassinet seat can be a great option for parents who want to ensure their child’s comfort and safety. Bassinet seats are specially designed for infants, and they allow them to lie down and sleep comfortably during long flights.
What is Bassinet Seats
A bassinet seat is a special type of airplane seat designed for infants to lie down and sleep during a flight. It is typically located in the bulkhead area of the aircraft, which is the space between the cabin and the dividing wall that separates it from the galley or lavatory.
Bassinet seats have a fold-down bed that allows babies to lie flat and sleep comfortably during the flight. They are designed to provide a safe and secure sleeping space for infants and to make air travel more comfortable for families with young children.
Most airlines provide bassinet seats free of charge, but they are limited in number and are usually available on a first-come, first-served basis. It’s important to check with the airline before booking your flight to ensure that a bassinet seat is available and to make any necessary arrangements.
What is benefits of Bassinet Seats
The benefits of using a bassinet seat when traveling with a baby include:
1 – Comfort: A bassinet seat provides a comfortable sleeping space for infants during a long flight, which can make the journey more pleasant for both the baby and parents.
2 – Safety: A bassinet seat is designed to provide a safe sleeping space for infants, with a secure harness to keep them in place during turbulence.
3 – Hands-free: Using a bassinet seat frees up parents’ hands and allows them to rest or tend to their own needs while their baby sleeps.
4 – Convenience: Bassinet seats are usually located in the bulkhead area, which means there is more legroom and space for storing baby supplies.
5 – Cost-effective: Most airlines provide bassinet seats free of charge, which can save parents the cost of purchasing an additional seat or carrying a separate bassinet onboard.
AIRLINE MEAL CODES – GDS MEAL CODES
A bassinet seat can make air travel with a baby more comfortable, convenient, and safe. It allows infants to sleep comfortably and gives parents a chance to relax during a long flight.
Tips for using a Bassinet seat When traveling with a Baby
Here are some tips for using a bassinet seat when traveling with a baby:
- Book Early: Bassinet seats are limited and are usually available on a first-come, first-served basis. Book your flight early to ensure that you get one.
- Check the Airline’s Rules: Each airline has its own rules regarding the size and weight of babies that can use a bassinet seat. Make sure to check with your airline before booking your flight.
- Bring Your Own Bedding: While most airlines provide blankets for the bassinet, it’s a good idea to bring your own bedding, such as a small blanket or sheet, to make your baby more comfortable.
- Use a Safety Harness: To ensure your baby’s safety during the flight, it’s important to use a safety harness. Most airlines provide them, but it’s a good idea to bring your own just in case.
- Be Prepared for Turbulence: When using a bassinet seat, your baby may be more susceptible to turbulence, so it’s important to keep them securely fastened in their safety harness at all times.
- Bring Baby Supplies: Pack all necessary baby supplies, such as diapers, wipes, and formula, in a carry-on bag for easy access during the flight.
- Choose the Right Seat: When booking your flight, choose a seat near the bassinet seat to make it easier to tend to your baby.
- Be Courteous: Remember that other passengers may be seated near the bassinet, so be courteous and try to keep noise to a minimum.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your baby has a comfortable and safe flight in a bassinet seat.
What are bassinet seats called?
Bassinet seats are sometimes called “sky cots” or “baby bassinets.” These terms refer to the same type of airplane seat that is designed for infants to sleep in during a long flight. The specific name or term used may vary by airline or region, but they all refer to the same type of seat.
What is Age Limit for Bassinet Seat ?
The age limit for using a bassinet seat on a flight varies by airline, but most airlines set a maximum age limit of around 01 month to below 2 Year . This is because the bassinet is designed for infants who are too small to sit up on their own and who weigh no more than a certain limit, depending on the airline.
Parents should check with their airline before booking their flight to confirm the age and weight limits for using a bassinet seat. If a baby exceeds the age or weight limit, they will not be allowed to use the bassinet seat and will need to be seated on an adult’s lap or in a separate seat with a child safety restraint system.
Subscribe Our Youtube Channe for Travel Related Update and Videos